Dr. Ajay K. Jain is currently working as a Director, IMS Ghaziabad since June 2018. Before that he served as a full professor of Organisational Design and Behaviour at Management Development Institute Gurgaon since September 2015. He has started his professional career in 2003 after completing his PhD from IIT Kanpur and a Post Doc from ISB Hyderabad. He is a visiting professor to several international universities of repute including Aarhus University, Denmark, Lancaster University, the UK, IULM University, Italy, University of Free State, South Africa, IIM Lucknow etc. He is the recipient of an award for extra ordinary performance from Aarhus University Denmark for his research and publications (2012-2014). He has published and presented more than 70 research articles in peer reviewed journals and conferences and a recipient of the Best Paper Awards of National Academy of Psychology and Emerald and also serving on Editorial Board of several international journals.
He teaches courses on Leadership and Organisational Design, Organisational Transformation, Emotional Intelligence in Organisation and Business Research Methods. He has research interests in the field of distributed leadership, employee silence, organisational citizenship behaviour, emotional intelligence etc.
He is a highly effective trainer and consultant to top class Indian and multinational organisations from Banking and Insurance sector, hospitality industry, Oil and Energy companies, manufacturing companies, Indian Police and Defense services and Indian government.
Currently he is working at several administrative positions, Chairman, Executive Part Time Post Graduate Program In Management, Chairman, Students Affairs, Chairman, Human Behaviour and Organisation Department. He has developed a strategy of “integration” to transform the part time program. He is able to integrate students across six running batches, current students and alumni, and integration with full time students, faculty members and staff members. He has created a voluntary forum on start up to promote entrepreneurship among the executive students. He has successfully implemented varieties of structural and cultural change in this program. Change management is his passion and believes in living a meaningful life.
He is a widely traveled person and visited to more than 25 countries across the continents.
Key Note Addresses and Guest Speaker
- Delivered a key note address at Jaipuria Institute of Management on 22nd Jan 2017 on “Employee’s Silence in Organization”
- Invited to address a group of 150 DGMs and GMs by Neyveli Lignite Corporation at 60th Anniversary Lecture Series in Dec. 2016
- Invited by Indian Institute of Public Administration New Delhi to deliver a lecture on Emotional Intelligence for senior bureaucrats
- Invited by Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi for an interaction with Secretaries
- Invited by Haryana Institute of Public Administration to deliver a lecture of “Leadership from Within”
- Invited by Institute of Government Accounts and Finance of Ministry of Finance, New Delhi
- Delivered training programs on Leadership and Team Building at ONGC Academy Dehradun
- Invited by Rafi Ahemad Kidwai National Academy of Postal Services Ghaziabad
- Member of Selection Committee for Faculty Recruitment at IIMs
- Training program on research methods for All India Institute of Management New Delhi